7 Top Techniques to improve your traffic
Techniques to Improve Traffic
1) Get Ready to Create Your Own Domain and Hosting Is A Must
Right off the bat, most people don’t realize that free website setups won’t do a thing for your SEO. Essentially, Google looks at your free website and says ‘if you were really serious about this you’d purchase your own place’. Google wants to recommend sites it deems trustworthy, and so to hit the SEO ground running, the best thing for new bloggers and content marketers to do is to just jump right into the deep end of the pool obtain their own hosting at the very start.
2) Create Original Content
The key thing to remember with SEO is that Google’s entire focus is on offering its user’s search results that are helpful and relevant. This is Google’s singular purpose, and so you want to embrace that knowledge into your content creation. People are seeking to have their problems solved, and if you demonstrate that you’re the one solving those problems then there’s a good chance you’re content will be shared and Google will reward you by moving your site up to its rankings. You can create it on your own
And remember this, content can take a number of forms. If you haven’t yet you should start considering adding:
- Videos – Create videos or helpful tutorials and post them onto YouTube. This is a great way to build links and draw traffic from the wildly popular video sharing site.
- Photography – A picture tells a thousand words, and posting original photos or images on your site is an easy way to provide fresh, attractive content.
- Tools and Plugins – Google is a huge fan of helpful tools and plugins and if you develop and install a useful plug-in into your site you’ll find yourself sitting pretty in Google’s rankings.
Whether you choose one of these forms of content or all of them, the whole point is to help your site’s visitors out. Build a solid relationship with them and they’ll be sharing your content left and right, causing your rankings to rise fast and far.
3) Create Backlinks That Are Relevant and Natural
Backlinks are links that lead from someone else’s site back to yours.
And while they’re usually desirable to have for SEO purposes, you need to be aware of few things when using them:
- Pay Attention To the Source – If the site providing the backlink is a well-known domain name that’s high up in the rankings, then Google sees that backlink as being worth more than one that’s less known. Hence, one great link will move you up the rankings more than a hundred links from relatively obscure sites.
- Anchor Text Is Important – These are the words used for the hyperlink and they should be relevant to the target keywords.
- Don’t Buy Them – Google hates this and knows how to spot them.
The most effective strategy for obtaining stellar backlinks is by creating awesome content for your site and parlaying that into guest post invitations for the top blogs for your niche.
4) Really Develop A Social Media Presence
It’s very important to build your social media presence for both traffic building and SEO purposes. This is due to Google now implementing a site’s social media presence as a factor of its relevance and authority. Simply put, Google looks at a particular article, and if it’s getting thousands of tweets and retweets then the search engine giant will determine you’ve written something important and rewards your site in its ranking.
A great, and probably the most obvious way, to get people tweeting your articles is to write awesome content that will inspire your audience to promote you. Some of the ways to go about this are:
- Offer Additional Value- On top of the information, you’re offering on your website/blog, tweet and post info on Facebook that’s not included on your site. Your audience will see it as bonus material and appreciate you all the more for it.
- Get To Know the Major Players on Twitter – Figure out who your niche’s big dogs are and in a casual way get to know them on. As you develop a basic relationship you’ll be able to ask them for retweets of your content.
- Give and Get – The more articles and content of other bloggers and marketers that you share, the greater the chance they’ll return the favor and share your work.
5) Optimize Your Theme
SEO optimization of your theme lets Google know that your site is trustworthy and it makes it easier for Google to locate your content. Here’re a few ways to use optimization to drive traffic to your site:
- Keep Things Moving – It’s essential to provide a pleasant experience for you visitors, and having a website that loads quickly it a key part of that. Your users will appreciate it and so will Google.
- All Your Links Are Intact – Clicking on broken links can quickly lead to frustrated users, so make sure everything is connecting smoothly
- Have A User-Friendly Theme – You want navigation of your site to both intuitive and functional, so see to it that your theme is coded in a way that allows for this.
Also, while there are plenty of template themes that work well enough, using a theme that’s been custom designed it a great way to get your site and brand to stand out from your competitions’.
6) Optimize Permalinks
For the uninitiated, people discover your site and its pages and specific posts through permalinks. Permalinks have a structure that consists of an extension and a root.
Now, having strong permalink structure is highly important to for your site’s success. And don’t worry, if you use WordPress it’s easy to alter your permalinks by going into “settings” and then clicking on “permalinks”. Once there, it’s advisable to go with the option of just having the post name inside your permalink. So just click on “custom structure” and insert /%postname%/.
On top of that, for even more effective optimization, you should check for the best keywords that you should be looking to rank for and adjust your URL to coincide with those keywords.
One important thing to note, only alter your new permalinks, never your old ones since changing those will cause all of your backlinks to break.
7) Use A Site Map
Installing a Google Site Map will give your site a complete map covering all of your pages, posts, and archives. This plugin automatically creates the sitemap for your site and consistent intervals. After that, it sends your map to Google, which gives them a literal map of your website so it can be indexed better.